Monday, May 22, 2017

A Tale of Two Projects

The posts have been few and far between for awhile now. It all boils down to a combination of stalling, procrastinating, insecurity, surgery, the barn not being warm enough to work in, and Facebook being way too easy to share things on.

Oh, well.....

But it's definitely time to get back in the saddle again right here and right now.

To do that, I'd have to go way back to last year when this all started. Starting from that beginning simply isn't gonna happen because of Facebook posts I've been making sort of detailing what's been going on and how it's being done....redundancy don'tcha know!

I won't rehash the entire process I've used so far for either project, but I will provide the link to my Facebook page, Dead Wood Renaissance, for those who choose to catch up there and to follow along here from now on.

So, this blog post is basically the beginning that takes place kind of in the middle of two projects that are already underway. Make sense?


Project 1: Fireplace Mantel


A promise was made to a friend that I'd make him (and his family) a fireplace mantel....a really, really BIG fireplace mantel. That promise was made last year, and I'm now ready to get my butt back in gear and finish that sucker up....no matter how long it takes, and it's taking a LOT longer than I thought it would!

Because the last post in this particular project took place awhile ago on Facebook, scrolling down on my page to find it will be necessary.


Project 2: Cottonwood Slab


All of the above goes for the second half of the two projects mentioned in the title, as well.

That part of it involves making a cottonwood slab for a coffee table and then turning it over to a friend I'm working with on this particular experiment.

I know my woodworking skills were severely tested in getting my part of this project ready for him to work his magic. I'm hoping he'll ultimately be happy with how his part of this project works out.

Time will tell....

Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment