Monday, November 5, 2012

BOWLS!

Awhile back, I posted a photo of a log. Not just any log, but a log received from a friend. Didn't quite know what to do with it at the time.


Well, the bug bit, and I cut the log into two pieces right down the middle. This log is said to be walnut, but after cutting into it, I'm not so sure. Doesn't really look like walnut, doesn't really smell like walnut. But the grain sure is pretty. Here's the two bowls I'm making:



Gonna have to make a base for the one above because it's just too tippy as is (a piece fell off as I was working the wood, and it affected the balance of the whole thing).



Shaping, grinding, sanding. Shaping, grinding, sanding. Could go on and on about the shaping, grinding, sanding but won't. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be, but certainly will be nice when done. I'll post on Facebook when they're finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment