Sunday, January 17, 2021

Three in a 'Row'....

Good news is I didn't screw things up too bad after all (last post). In fact, all three of these bowls turned out way better than I expected!

So, bottom line is there really is no bad news here.

Because there were three bowls harvested from one log, I thought it might be nice to post a photo of them 'before' the log was cut:


Followed by the finished bowls in a number of different poses all in a 'row':





It's really hard to adequately describe how the grain in these pieces 'popped' during the finishing process. Truly amazing!



The finishing process ultimately used one coat of wood conditioner, one coat of Danish Oil (the step that almost ruined these bowls for me), and three coats of wipe-on gloss polyurethane varnish. I didn't use furniture wax/polish on these bowls because the polyurethane finish was so smooth, there was no need.

And there ya have it!

On to the next project!

DWR

No comments:

Post a Comment